Saturday, August 27, 2011

6 month update!

I started this written update last week, and got side tracked by yet another Zoo issue. You can view the latest at www.sanfranciscozoofails.blogspot.com

On Monday August 8th, 2011, I made a video update as a follow-up to my initial youtube.com account of the crime that is this Membership situation.

My internet has been slow and it has failed to upload the video update to youtube on many occasions, so I wanted (and planned to eventually) post an update in writing, as we approach yet another Monday at the end of this weekend.

The above date of 8.8.11, marks six weeks since I hand delivered the letters of correspondence to San Francisco City Officials. This Monday 8.29.11 will mark 9 weeks.

As noted in the last blog post, my most recent attempt was made by hand delivering letters to Zoo related Officials.

One of those Officials is Phil Ginsburg, the General Manager of the San Francisco Park and Recreation. I have zero'd my aim at him as the Zoo, a City owned facility, is responsible to the Park and Rec.

I noted that I visited the Park and Rec offices on 7.18.11 in an attempt to meet with GM Ginsburg. At that time, I left a message for his Assistant Staci.

I received no call in response, so the following week, I again stopped by the office. I had an extended conversation with Staci, who apologized for not getting back to me, agreed that the "crime" was unjust, said that she would not only relay to Ginsburg, but see if he was in-fact the go-to person on this or if Park and Rec Commission President Mark Buell would be. If it was to be Buell's attention, she would contact the appropriate liaison. She agreed to call me that Friday, July 29, with an update to what she had done. I called and left her a voice-mail on Tuesday August 6.

8.26.11 - I have still not received a follow-up call from her. Thank you Staci for your word and your professionalism.

It really is disconcerting that a City like San Francisco, my hometown, has branches (Park and Rec AND of course the Zoo) in which the people who represent them and thus the City, have such blatant disregard for such injustice's as to completely ignore requests from the victim's to be heard. They remind me of Mobsters. Which by containing the word Mob, is by definition, lawless. These people band together and disregard as if they are above the law. Maybe they are and there and that is where the problem lies.



5 comments:

  1. This is by far a horrible situation. An institution that has been around for 80 yrs and advertises family and animals and learning has no respect or feelings towards those that make them sucessful. (the regular visitors). They feel they are above the law for sure. I agree completely with your view as I am in the mix too. I used to think that the "no reponse" was laziness, but that is not the case. The "no response" is that they feel they did nothing wrong and that they owe no one an apology. I wonder who the big player is in this. Mob is a perfect word for them.... bullies that are above the law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @andiecattt- Thank you for your response. Not sure what else to add, I'm for once in this situation at a loss for words, as it is truly crazy that this happened and we have been ignored, even after noting that there was a State Law broken in the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I do have something. ... To the people involved in this both in the telling and spreading of untruths and those removed from the situation but in levels higher that have control, who have ignored my correspondences, do you teach your children (if you have any) to conduct themselves in this manner? AND would you want your children to be treated this way?
    How's the saying go, do unto those,...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, another saying that helps ease this a tiny bit is the old saying "you reap what you sow".... oh, and "what goes around, comes around". There will be someone to catch wind of this injustice and see that it's "righted", as it's so wrong. We just have to continue to be the "good guys" in this. So, I guess if they feel that the way they have treated us is right, they must teach their kids the same way and that's not good because the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Gosh, now I am thinking of even more sayings...cuz they need to think of how this situation has been handled (or not handled) and do the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, karma does prevail. ... We have always been the good guys. Although I would guess that because I have taken things I view as curious or those I view as more a concern, taken then outside the Zoo walls and blog about them, they probably view that as not being good guys. All I can say is, having legitimate concerns about things that go on at MY zoo (yes my zoo, as a resident of this city) and expressing them, is not illegal. Prior to this situation and the rampant untruths that are told, I stayed within Zoo walls for my expression outlet. Moving outside, was not an act of vengeance, but of necessity. I do not have the reputation now to inquire about most things. I am bound by this situation to express myself however and wherever I can.

    ReplyDelete