Thursday, July 21, 2011

City of San Francisco allows Zoo to Break Laws

It has been three weeks since I hand delivered letters (see previous blog post) to San Francisco Officials in relation to this Crime the San Francisco Zoo has perpetrated against me and my friend.

The letter was addressed as follows:

to Zoological Society Board Chair David Stanton
to Park and Recreation GM Phil Ginsburg
cc Zoo Director Tanya Peterson
cc San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee
cc District Supervisor Sean Elsbernd

To date, I have had no response from any of the above.

On Monday July 18, 2011, I went to the Park and Recreation offices and asked to see General Manager Phil Ginsburg. I was sent from reception to his office only to be told he was not in on Monday. Neither was his Secretary, Staci. I left a message with the Secretary who was there, Olive. I witnessed her write it in a message book. It noted that I had been there and was requesting a call to set-up an appointment to meet with Ginsburg.

To date, I have had no response.

I think its pretty incredible that San Francisco City Officials can be notified of an issue like this Crime and not respond.

On February 26, 2011 I left a letter with Guest Services for Zoo Director Tanya Peterson.

On March 10, 2011 I sent letters to San Francisco Zoological Society Board Chair Nick Podell, Board Member David Stanton, San Francisco Park and Recreation Commissioner Larry Martin, and Mayor Edwin Lee

On June 30, 2011 I sent letters to San Francisco Zoological Society Board Chair David Stanton, San Francisco Park and Recreation GM Phil Ginsburg, San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson, San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee
and San Francisco District Supervisor Sean Elsbernd

To date that is Seven San Francisco City Officials that have no response to our situation. Five of whom are now aware that Zoo Director Tanya Peterson made a decision in violation of a California State Code.

I must surmise at this point that the City of San Francisco and its representatives allow their peers in government run establishments to break the Law.

4 comments:

  1. In my experience with City Hall, you will not get a reply unless you are relentless. I would continue to make visits, send letters, SEND EMAILS and do not give up until you are granted an appointment. Even then, you may only get to meet with an aide, but that is better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous- Thank you for your comment and advice. I don't want a meeting with City Hall per-se' BUT I do want recognition on the situation. I do want a meeting with Phil Ginsburg of the Park and Rec, David Stanton of the Zoological Society and Tanya Peterson Director of the Zoo. I will be relentless on that. These people do not understand that they have done a great injustice (well I'm sure Tanya does, since she knows she has lied) AND someone needs to be held accountable for it and rectify it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horribly tragic and pitiful the non-reponse. So, I wonder what these people do all day? They are cowards, afraid to step up and do the right thing. I'm not really sure who they are afraid of. I guess they are into passing laws but afraid to back them. The only importance they take action on is another high powered BIG DONOR. For a city like San Francisco, it's pitiful. So, not enforcing, being cruel and not helping in our plight, they themselves breaking the rules...some stems, I believe, from laziness.
    This whole ordeal has gone on for months. They could have taken care of all this when it happened, but they are drawing it out by hiding. Let's hope the in the end, the right thing is done, and the good guys win this time. We need a response (a positive response) without any further delay. These people need to earn their keep.These people need to be compassionate and do the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @andiecatt- Thank you for your words Lee. I know I am the one who usually words everything for the both of us, but your words are much appreciated as the other voice in this situation. ... It does appear there is wide-spread cowardice in San Francisco Government and related establishments like the San Francisco Zoo. I do not know how this situation can be brought to one's attention and there is no feeling of need to take action. Whether it's as simple as asking us to rebut these outrageous claims made by the Zoo Director Tanya Peterson. If I was any of them I would be ashamed of my lack of dignity. As for Director Peterson, she should not only be ashamed of her lack of dignity, but that she is setting the example to her children that lying is okay. BUT let's not forget that this whole situation stems from Visitor misbehavior, which continues without any repercussion. SO, how can we expect misbehavior from City Officials to be beholden to justice?

    ReplyDelete